Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Wednesday's Words of Wisdom and a Bijou Surprise


Good friends are like quilts,
they never lose their warmth.  
Bijou Quilt by Adele Bruno, CZT
Cubine, Bales by Maria Thomas. Tri-Bine by Laura Liu, CZT, Heart Box by Helen Williams

Once completed, this foursome of tangled Bijou tiles reminded me of a quilt - and this saying as well.

To create it, I began by lining up four Bijou tiles and then added a square grid over all four tiles.
Next, I added Maria Thomas' Cubine and Bales, along with Laura Liu, CZT's Tri-Bine and Helen Williams' Heart Box.  All four tangles begin with the same square grid, but Bales and Heart Box added a nice rounded balance to the others.

After a quilt came to mind, I began moving the pieces around and was pleasantly surprised by what happened ~

by Adele Bruno, CZT

Each time I rotated the tiles, the mosaic took on a new look...
by Adele Bruno, CZT

Bales looked beautiful in the center...
by Adele Bruno, CZT

as did Heart Box...
by Adele Bruno, CZT


The key to having interchangeable tiles, is to begin with a grid that runs over all of them - after that the possibilities are endless.
How fun!

Enjoy!



1 comment:

  1. Wow - love this. I'm still intending to do my first ensemble! Think I'll start in Bijou size, but now realise I don't have to start with 9 tiles - maybe four is the way to go! Thanks as always for your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete